Technology!@#$%^&!

After over 30 years in the software industry I have been tearing my hair out trying to set up a wireless network in my house, consequently (although I promised myself to write everyday) no posts since Sunday.
I once had to scrawl I SURRENDER across an IRS demand for money that I was sure I didn't owe (as it turned out I didn't owe it but the note got their attention and ultimately resolved the issue). Now my response the Belkin router company and all of the Indian cutomer service agents that they employ is again I SURRENDER. It works and then it stops and their customer service people have had me update all my systems software (because of course it couldn't be them). So, I SURRENDER, and tomorrow the device goes back to Staples.
Believe or not that rant goes to the issue at hand, I feel as if I should be able to solve this problem, I'm not technologically stupid but I have been left behind in my field. Obviously this will become more and more of an issue to me as I get farther away from the workforce, I guess I need to learn to deal. Any suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog